The Amelia County Christmas Parents Committee and 2022 Amelia County Christmas Father David Ingram announce the details for the 2022 Toy Shop. On Thursday, Dec. 8 and Friday, Dec. 9, the toy shop will be held at the War Memorial Building (Parks and Rec. Gym.) The Toy Shop has gifts for ages infant to 18 years old.
“To prevent folks from standing in line for long periods of time, we have elected to stagger shopping times which allows volunteers time to restock the shelves. Several time slots on both days will be available, utilizing the shopper’s last name to determine when they are to arrive,” said committee Chairman Bekki Morris. “Also, this year, due to supply chain difficulties, we will be raffling bicycles and other items that have been donated, but are currently in limited supply. All parents and guardians will be able to register for these items at the shop and winners will be notified after the shop and arrangements made for pick-up of these items.”
The shop will be open to recipients at the following times:
• Parents and guardians whose last names begin with the letters W, X, Y and Z, should come to the shop between 9 and 10 a.m. Thursday (Dec. 8), to register and shop for their children.
• Parents and guardians whose last names begin with the letters S, T, U, or V, should come to the shop between 10:15 and 11:15 a.m. Dec. 8 to register and shop for their children.
• Parents and guardians whose last names begin with P, Q, or R should come to the shop between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Dec. 8.
• Parents and guardians whose last names begin with M, N, or O should come to the shop between 1:45 and 2:45 p.m. Dec. 8.
• Parents and guardians whose last names begin with J, K, or L should come to the shop between 3 and 4 p.m. Dec. 8.
• Parents and guardians whose last names begin with G, H, or I should come to the shop between9 and 10 a.m. Friday (Dec. 9).
• Parents and guardians whose last names begin with D, E, or F should come to the shop between 10 and 11 a.m. Dec. 9.
• Parents and guardians whose last names begin with A, B, of C should come to the shop between 11 a.m. and noon Dec. 9.
As always, parents and legal guardians of those children who receive assistance through Amelia County Social Services automatically qualify to shop. The form on the right and the fee of $1 per child should be brought with the shopper. “If the parent and/or legal guardian is not available to shop at their assigned time, they should contact the committee immediately via Facebook, email, or call (804) 561-3655, so that other arrangements may be made,” said Ms. Morris.
Angel Trees are in place at Mario’s Restaurant, DC Tire & Auto, Amelia’s Marching Band, and the Amelia County Middle and High School Choruses will perform at the judges’ stand as well.
The parade will continue, turning left onto Court Street and left again onto Virginia Street where it will disband.
The 2022 parade theme is “ An All Star Christmas” honoring the many Amelia young athletes who have excelled in their athletic pursuits. In keeping with the theme, the 2022 DYL World Series Champions are the grand marshals.
At the end of the parade will be Santa Claus as usual. He is scheduled to be available to hear children’s Christmas wishes on the courthouse steps following the parade but first the county Christmas Tree on the courthouse square will be lit by the Christmas Father and grand marshals and then parade entry winners will be announced.
Per insurance regulations, parade entrants cannot throw candy into crowds but people may walk and hand out candy.
[ Click Here to Download a Printable Version of the 2022 Amelia County Christmas Parents’ Committee Request for Assistance Form ]
Leave a Reply